Pages

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Divinely Beautiful.

I don't know about you, but looking in the mirror each morning can be the worst battle I have to fight. It truly is a miracle if I walk out of the door feeling confident. 

Call me pathetic, but it must be a girl thing. If you're a woman and this doesn't apply to you then you are so incredibly amazing. Teach me your ways. Please. As women we compare ourselves daily to the women that surround us. It is a never ending game we play in our heads. I go to work & there's a woman that comes in dressed completely in high fashion clothes. I go to class & there's women there that don't have a hair out of place. I go to the gym & there's the girl there that makes me look the opposite of sexy. I struggle with feeling pretty, beautiful, confident, on a regular basis but then I start to think...

Why on earth do I do this to myself? Why do we women torture ourselves? Belittle ourselves? We are so much better than that. We are strong. We are brave. We are beautiful in every way possible. We are all beautiful in different ways. I don't know why this is so hard to remember, but it is. Someone made this for me in college [the picture below] & it really hit home for me. Maybe it will do the same for you.



It starts at the word "Oh." You probably can't read it so here's what it says:

 Oh, how it must offend our creator when we look in the mirror and criticize the beautiful handiwork of his fingertips, calling ourselves "fat" and "ugly." How it must break the Father's heart when the very girl whom he gave the heavens believes she is unloved and worthless. Nothing could be further from the TRUTH. For as daughters of God we are loved beyond comprehension. It's time we see ourselves as we really are. If Jesus says "you're worth it," you're worth it. If the maker of the stars & sky says "you're beautiful," you're beautiful. God doesn't make junk and mistakes. Jesus died so we could be free from the strongholds & deceptions of the enemy. We should be walking in freedom and stop believing the lies. So join me in holding your head high, for there is ROYAL blood pumping through your veins. Begin to speak, think, & act like a Princess, for our daddy is King! Look in the mirror and smile, we are forgiven, precious, loved, and divinely beautiful.


I am fearfully and wonderfully made. God didn't make a mistake. I am exactly the way I am supposed to be. I wouldn't chose to be anyone else. Not in a million years. And neither should you.


2 comments:

  1. Looove this so so much! Planning on sharing the link to this post in an upcoming blog of mine :)

    Will you mind sending me your e-mail address? Mine is 20may2011@gmail.com - thanks Erica!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks Ali!! Mine is EJ-Longest@ wiu.edu!

    ReplyDelete